It's the holiday-homestretch, also known as that special time of the year when your children start waking up at ungodly hours asking whether it’s the big day yet, you feel permanently hungover (whether you drink or not), there’s never any tape in the dispenser on the rare moments you actually have a sec to wrap a gift AND your sugar intake has spiked to jaw-dropping levels. So much so you may start running into walls screaming like your two-year old. No fear fellow parents, we have 6 zen-inducing ideas to get your chill back.
- Weighted blankets. These are what everyone is talking about as instant-soothers for serial bad sleepers. Being well-rested is your best defense against freak-outs. Period. (And for babe, a good old super swaddle should do the trick.)
- Dim lights. Your phone does not count as a dim light source! Even if it’s on dim. A few products we love: This little light is wireless and provides the most relaxing and adjustable amount of gentle light. Ideal for winding down and for night feeds.
- Background noise. Noise makers have come a long way since the days of static-y, loud, artificial versions of yore. Something gentle and “real” like this is so much more effective—for you and babe.
- Water. This one is kind of a no-brainer but it’s the first thing to fall to the wayside when we get busy. Hydration is salvation. Think about it. (Pretty vessels to carry your water around are also key like these.)
- Pacifiers that work for baby and you. You didn’t think we’d forget about soothies, right? And, by the way, a good old pacifier reduces the risk of SIDS. That should help you sleep a little tighter.
- Hygge + chill. It’s the new Netflix, but so much more Scandinavian—and simple (no arguing over what to watch)! Just light some candles, bake something sweet and enjoy time with the family with zero expectations.
HAPPY ALMOST HOLIDAYS!